Keeping your children safe online
At St John’s, we regularly update the children in school on how to spot irregular activity online and stay safe as a result of extensive understanding. We ensure the following is part of our curriculum offer:
- The use of our ‘Switched On’ scheme for computing incorporates a programme of online safety learning for all year groups.
- Regular conversations with children about online safety and their understanding of what this means (including recognition that children will use the internet to research homework and communicate with their peers).
- Sharing tips and strategies for how to identify unusual behavior online and procedures for reporting this to a trusted adult, both at home and in school.
- Regular discussion about recommended websites and apps to support learning, as well as educating children why some apps and websites are inappropriate for children of certain ages.
- Appropriate groups and behaviour in those groups e.g. Whatsapp
Internet Matters - https://www.internetmatters.org/